Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A random doll hair experiment I did :)

Hey! sorry that this is the second post today but I wanted to show you this little experiment. My youngest sister; let's just call her..P. So P got this barbie doll that you can color her with using colored plastic/cardboard pieces, I never quite got it.
Well P ran out of that stuff to color her doll's hair with so she started using paint..like thick finger-paint paint :) whenever the paint dried, the doll's hair became hard and crunchy :) So she let me borrow her to experiment a different paint; watercolor paint! And whew! It worked! Here is what it looked like when it was done. (Sorry that the pics are blurry, they were taken on my older sister's phone, since I don't have one yet :) I did a bit of a rainbow pattern, by painting sections and foiling it off to the side like they do at salons
Displaying 20160411_204239.jpg




It worked out so well that when it had dried completely I combed it out and it felt perfect! So if you want you can watercolor paint your doll's hair temporarily if you don't want to dye it. Now here is one problem with using this method; it works so well that it can take quite a while to wash out :) I mean P's only took a couple hours by using hot water and soap. 
Well. What do you think of this little experiment? If there are any questions or anything you'd like to say in general then just comment!

-Addy and Dollyton City


Displaying 20160411_204232.jpg
Displaying 20160411_204232.jpg
Displaying 20160411_204232.jpg
Displaying 20160411_204232.jpg
Displaying 20160411_204232.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment